SELECTION OF SERRE-CHEVALIER QUOTES 2013 !
- We stayed in Monetier Les Bains and loved it.
- We stayed in Chantmerle, one of the small towns along the valley in Serre Chevalier. The old town is full of character and seems to be huddled near the main chairlift Le Bletonet. The Old and the new sit side by side and are easy on the eye, a credit to the town for not putting up with too much 60’s type architecture.
- We stayed in Monetier and it has a lovely alpine feel about the place.
- The accommodation is very reasonably priced. We paid the same for a 3 bedroom apartment (sleeps 6) in Monetier as we pay for a one bedroom flat in Belevedere, Meribel (sleeps 2), and in Monetier the price includes access to a fabulous spa facility with heated outdoor pool
- The scenery is absolutely outstanding. An alpine valley, beautifully kept pistes, discreet sign-posting and soaring mountain tops. What could be better?
- Spectacular mountain scenery right in front of you and to your left and right as you look up and down the valley. It really is stunning.
I’ve been to many European resorts (all the big one’s) and this is by far the best!
- Our abilities ranged from complete novice to fairly advanced. Serre Chevalier had everything including a variety at each level. Alpine pistes, huge open motorway-style pistes, great off-piste for those who want it. This place is a hidden gem for us Brits!
- The area is large and you’d have to ski very fast and hard for 5 days to get everywhere. It feels as big as Les Arcs, has fantastic varied terrain suitable for beginners to experts and is easy to navigate.
- We found the piste signposting and marking extremely easy to follow and in fact a lot better than many other resorts we have been to. They have large signs up directing skiers to the different villages, and giving the name/s of the lifts the piste or track takes you to. We were there for 2 weeks and within a couple of days we were hardly looking at the piste map at all.
- We didn’t encounter any big queues at all throughout our holiday.
- We thought the Piste grooming was excellent. It was done every night for hours and was meticulous
- An intermediates paradise
- Great choice of mountain restaurants and more importantly, very reasonable prices.